Tips for Proper Care of Your Roof
Regular roof maintenance is a must for homeowners in New England. Trust in the roofing experts of The Roof Repairs Corp. to provide quality maintenance, roofing repairs, and upkeep.
A little roof care can go a long way in extending the life of your roofing system and keeping it functioning effectively. While an in-depth inspection should be performed annually by an MA Roofing Professional, homeowners can still help prevent costly repairs in the long run by following these roof care tips.
Extreme caution should always be exercised when performing any roof care tasks. Walking on a roof is dangerous and homeowners should only access the roof from a flat or nearly flat roof plane. If you cannot safely access your roof, it’s better to call in professionals who are equipped to deal with steel-sloped roofs.
MA Roofing Professional
Problems are spotted with binoculars from ground level. Look for curled, cupped, missing, or loose shingles, exposed underlayment, or blistered roofing. If you are comfortable climbing a ladder, you can also scan over your roof from a few different locations around the roofline.
These simple tasks will help keep your roof in great condition:
- Clean & flush gutters regularly. Remove debris, leaves, sticks, and anything else that has made its way into your gutter system. Clean gutters mean water won’t overflow back into your roof system, leaving it susceptible to water damage.
- Keep tree limbs and bushes trimmed. Remember to trim them away from your structure.
- Remove any branches, leaves, or debris that have settled on your roof after a storm.
- Moss and algae growing on your roof can trap moisture which will compromise the longevity of your system. If you notice algae, moss, or mildew forming on your roof, call in roofing professionals who can properly remove the growth with a chlorine solution.
- Visit your attic occasionally to check for signs of moisture which can include water stains or wood rot.
- Call your MA Roofing Specialist if you see any of the felt underlayment or notice that the granular topcoat has become worn or deteriorated.
- Visually inspect the eaves and fascia of your roof for signs of water leaks or rot.
- Make sure that downspouts from the upper floors do not empty onto the roof surface. Downspouts should connect directly to gutters and run down to the ground to ensure that water is directed away from the roof to prevent wear & tear of your roofing materials.
If you have inquiries about caring for your roof at home or wish to consult with a roofing expert, contact The Roof Repairs Corp, New England’s trusted roofing company. We specialize in maintaining and repairing roofs to ensure they remain in excellent condition.
Get a quote
Complete this form to request a quote, and a representative from Superior Roofing Company will respond within 24 hours.
– OR –
<h3style=”text-align: center;”>Call: (617) 846-0900